New leadership program launched for Canadian CFOs:
FEI Canada and Queen's School of Business join to help financial executives advance their careers
FEI Canada, the country's leading association for CFOs, has partnered with Queen's School of Business to develop a unique program for senior financial executives that combines best-in-class curriculum with the real life experiences of seasoned CFOs.
"Today's financial executive faces new challenges, more responsibilities, and must work more efficiently, with fewer resources," said Michael Conway, President and CEO of FEI Canada. "The role of the CFO has evolved, and these important C-level leaders now require a broadened perspective that goes far beyond finance to encompass enterprise-wide concerns. We are pleased to be able to offer this program in conjunction with Queen's School of Business, ranked #1 in Canada by Bloomberg Businessweek."
This CFO Leadership Beyond Finance Program will equip senior financial executives with the insights they need to become more effective leaders and better strategic advisors to their CEOs and Boards of Directors. The program partners top-tier university faculty with industry subject matter experts and executives-in-residence.
FEI Canada's professional support system helps financial executives and their companies to navigate through a sea of uncertainty. Amongst a spectrum of services provided, FEI Canada has undertaken research that has identified knowledge gaps between the competencies of today's CFOs and what they must know to excel at their evolved role. This executive education program will ensure senior financial executives bridge these gaps by focusing on three strong themes: Leadership, Strategy and Leading Change, and Strategic Execution.
"Queen's School of Business is pleased to partner with FEI Canada, our country's preeminent professional membership association for senior financial executives," said Dr. Salman Mufti, Associate Dean and Executive Director of Queen's School of Business - Executive Education. "We are confident that together we will offer a world-class leadership training experience for Chief Financial Officers and other senior financial executives."
This program will be uniquely tailored for senior financial executives, using the input of a distinguished Advisory Board whose membership includes:
- RICHARD BIRD, EVP, Corporate Development & CFO, Enbridge Inc.
- COLLEEN JOHNSTON, Group Head Finance, Sourcing and Corporate Communications, and CFO, TD Bank Group
- BRIAN LAWSON, Senior Managing Partner & CFO, Brookfield Asset Management
- DEBBIE STEIN, Senior Vice-President Finance & CFO - AltaGas Ltd. and Vice-Chair, FEI Canada
- LAURIE TUGMAN, Chairman - Nexterra System, and former CEO/CFO, Marsulex Inc.
- BRUCE WATERMAN, Corporate Director, Former CFO, Agrium Inc.
The CFO Leadership Beyond Finance Program offers:
- CFO-level focus, including "what don't I know that I need to know"
- CFOs-in-residence, bringing real life experience to the cases and theory
Practical leading edge content and world-class session leaders who include:
- JULIAN BARLING, Professor of Organizational Behaviour and Borden Chair of Leadership
- TINA DACIN, Professor & E. Marie Shantz Chair of Strategy & Organizational Behaviour and Director, Queen's School of Business Centre for Responsible Leadership
- SHAI DUBEY, Assistant Professor & Distinguished Faculty Fellow of Business Law, and Director of the Full-Time MBA Program
- JOHN MOORE, Assistant Professor
- SALMAN MUFTI, Associate Dean and Executive Director of Queen's School of Business - Executive Education & Associate Professor
- ELSPETH MURRAY, Associate Professor & Associate Dean of MBA Programs; and Director - Queens Centre for Business Venturing and CIBC Faculty Fellow in Entrepreneurship
Registration information: 1-888-393-2338 or see http://business.queensu.ca/custom/feicanada/
Click here to view the full program brochure.
FINANCIAL EXECUTIVES INTERNATIONAL CANADA (FEI CANADA) is the all industry professional membership association for senior financial executives. With eleven chapters across Canada and 1,600 members, FEI Canada provides professional development, thought leadership and advocacy services to its members. The association membership, which consists of Chief Financial Officers, Audit Committee Directors and senior executives in the Finance, Controller, Treasury and Taxation functions, represents a significant number of Canada's leading and most influential corporations. Further information can be found atwww.feicanada.org. Follow us on Twitter @FEICanada.
QUEEN'S SCHOOL OF BUSINESS is one of the world's premier business schools -- renowned for exceptional programs, outstanding faculty and research, and the quality of its graduates. Canadian executives regard Queen's as Canada's most innovative business school, offering students academic excellence and a superior overall experience. Queen's School of Business -- where Canada's first Commerce program was launched in 1919 -- is located at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario. The School also delivers programs at locations across Canada, as well in the U.S., the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and China. See www.qsb.ca/execed