The mandate of the Taxation Committee is to establish tax policy recommendations that encourage improvements in the economic business climate.
Policy recommendations are considered for issues that:
- Improve the competitiveness of the Canadian tax system
- Encourage support for innovation and the commercialization of new products
- Promote access to domestic and foreign capital
- Address issues related to human resources
- Encourage the reduction of tax administration for business through simplification and reduction