Comprised of members representing various geographic regions and industries across Canada, the Pensions Committee monitors initiatives from the government and other regulatory bodies that will have an impact on pensions, as well as other post-employment benefits issues.
The Pensions Committee provides guidance and expert opinions, including actuarial perspectives, on related issues relevant to FEI Canada members.
This committee also develops FEI Canada’s public positions on such emerging issues, acting as advisors on pensions,
Articles and white papers authored by the committee include:
- ORPP versus an
explandedCPP: What is the best option? (March, 2016)
- Pension de-risking strategies: Capital accumulation and DC pension plans (June, 2015)
- DB pension plan risks and de-risking strategies (May, 2015)
- Are your pension risks being managed? Is it time to de-risk? (April, 2015)
- CPP Expansion: A critical part of the solution (May, 2014)
- Good governance of DC plans: Attaining lower fees (June, 2017)