Exclusive Benefits for FEI Canada Members
FEI Canada members enjoy exclusive access to professional networks, industry information, and regular events. Through FEI Canada, Canadian financial executives have the opportunity to grow their careers, their knowledge, and their peer network.
Our members have access to:
National and Chapter Event Programming
FEI Canada provides thought leadership on current issues and challenges through event programming delivered through our 11 chapters.
For example, our National Breakfast Seminars bring research and content experts to cities across Canada.
FEI Canada programming includes:
- Annual Conference (CPD eligible)
- Canada’s CFO of the Year™ Award, an annual recognition of the quality, insight, direction, and leadership of Canada’s senior financial executives
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner speaking programs (CPD eligible)
- Social networking through sports/leisure outings
- Career services programming for members looking for employment opportunities (CPD eligible)
Most monthly programming activities are included in the annual membership fee, and members may attend any FEI Canada event across Canada at no additional cost.
FEI Canada's annual conference is the highlight of each year. It’s a three day event packed full of learning and fun – a chance to meet members from across Canada and to catch up with old friends. The conference is held in a different part of Canada each year.
New Executive members receive one complimentary registration to our Annual Conference, to be used within the first two years of membership (to use a complimentary registration, membership must be current and in good standing – please contact membership manager for information).
Attendees earn up to 12 Continuing Professional Development credits at our conference.
A Network Like No Other
Talk with people who speak your language.
An FEI Canada event delivers unique opportunities to share your experiences and exchange ideas with colleagues across sectors, industries, and designations. You will meet financial professionals who are engaged in the same issues and encounter the same challenges.
Our goal is to bring together senior financial executives to further enhance their leadership skills and broad management knowledge through specialized experiences.
Continuing Professional Development
Through FEI Canada, you can acquire CPD credit requirements. We offer events that are scheduled to meet your time constraints, with content that speaks to your interests.
As a member, you can gain your CPD credits, while accessing a full roster of membership benefits. Most of our CPD accredited events are free for members, including breakfast seminars and webinars.
Talent Finding Opportunities & Exclusive Job Postings
Build your team through FEI Canada or find your next career opportunity.
Chapter events, as well as our national breakfast seminars and our annual conference, draw accredited and experienced financial executives from a range of sectors and industries.
Our website’s career opportunities page is another excellent resource to recruit talent or identify your next opportunity. Posting of new jobs is free and job details are available exclusively to FEI Canada members.
FEI Canada has several thought leadership committees comprised of members with subject matter expertise. We disseminate information to our members on a timely basis.
Our committees provide regular counsel to both the federal government, and national and international accounting policy makers.
FEI Canada’s Policy Forum allows members with subject matter expertise to participate in advocacy efforts aimed at achieving improvements in public policy, legal issues, and regulatory and accounting standards. Many of our programs are offered with subject matter experts from our valued sponsors.
Meet the people who are managing the implementation of accounting standards and policies – often at the highest level.
Participation in thought leadership committees allow members to share their experiences and inform members on up and coming topics of interest.
The Canadian Financial Executives Research Foundation (CFERF)
CFERF research studies cover topics important to financial executives and the Canadian business community, providing insightful and credible data which members and other financial professionals can use to benchmark the performance of their organizations.
How does CFERF add value?
- We produce practical, insightful studies that you can immediately apply to your organization.
- We gather our members’ expertise, and give their insight back to the full FEI Canada membership.
- We provide benchmarking and best practice standards for Canadian organizations.
- We let you know about emerging issues of critical importance to senior financial leaders.
- We explore the impact of accounting standards, auditing, and financial reporting practices on Canadian business.
- We identify outdated aspects or weaknesses in legislation and regulation affecting Canadian enterprises.
- We encourage improved transparency and disclosure in financial reporting, as well as better corporate governance and risk management.
- We cover topics relevant to public, private, and not-for-profit organizations.
Through surveys and research roundtables, CFERF harnesses members’ expertise and turns it into relevant, accessible, and practical insight for the benefit of FEI Canada members.
Meet your C-suite peers for candid discussions on financial issues that affect Canadian businesses both here and abroad.
We frequently hear from members that you get as much out of your membership as you put in, which is why we love our volunteers so much. They are the heartbeat of our chapters and the driving force behind our advocacy efforts. They inspire our events and recruit new members to join.